House and land package benefits
There are endless possibilities when it comes to building or buying a new home - and it can be challenging to find the best option for you and your family.
Purchasing a house and land package is one of the easiest and most cost-effective options for building a brand new home. Read on to find out what's involved in building a house and land package and whether it's for you.
What is a house and land package?
A house and land package is when land and a home design is packaged up in the one process, but with two contracts in place: one directly with the builder and one with the developer.
It's simple and cost-effective and ideal for new homeowners working with a tight budget. Right from the start, all design choices, inclusions, and optional add-ons are laid out to choose from, so you’ll have a clear understanding of how much your new home will cost.
We’ll also provide a detailed tender quote at the start, including a breakdown of all potential costs.
There are no additional costs or complications around council approvals, either - we’ve got it covered! Our experienced team will take care of all council and BASIX approvals, work with the developers, and make your dream home a reality.
How do house and land packages work?
The house and land process is completed in seven simple steps:
- Find the house and land package of your dreams. Browse through over 100 house and land packages available in Sydney, Newcastle, and the Central Coast here
- Discuss your home design with the Montgomery Homes team. Make an appointment with one of our team members and start bringing your new home to life!
- Secure the house and land package with a small deposit. To ensure your desired house and land package doesn’t sell to another customer, you will need to leave a $1,000 deposit and a $1,000 deposit to the land developer. This will take the block off the market for two weeks.
- Sign a contract. We’ll draft up a house and land contract for you and send it off to your financial institution for approval.
- Select your colours, fixtures, and fittings for your new home. This is the fun part! Our Diamond Collection and Sapphire Collection clients will get to visit our state of the art Gallery One to choose kitchen and bathroom fittings, internal and external colours, materials and finishes.
- Once we’ve completed the finer details together, we will finalise your tender and plans, ready for council and BASIX approval. Once you’re happy with the layout and inclusions, we can send your plans off to the relevant regulatory bodies.
- Build your brand new home. Once approval has been received from council and other regulatory bodies, we can start building your brand new home!
Buying a house and land package is fun, simple, and can cut through a lot of the stress, but that's not all.
What are the benefits of buying a house and land package?
#1. The Building process is faster and less stressful than a regular home build
A house and land package takes the stress out of home building. Rather than searching for the ideal block of land and figuring out how to build a house to suit the unique slope of the land, a house and land package comes complete with an architectural home design, the land, and inclusions like bathroom and kitchen finishes - making the process easier and quicker.
The home design is suited to the block of land from the beginning, so there are no complicated design or construction decisions to make. We’ve got it sorted from the start! Plus, the home building process is much easier to get started. With the home design pre-planned and perfect for the block of land, we can start construction much faster than a regular home build.
#2. There are a lot of savings with Government grants available for House and land packages
It’s a buyers market right now - especially for first time homeowners. There are multiple grants, concessions, and discounts available for first time homeowners, including:
- First Home Owners Grant. First home buyers across New South Wales who purchase a new home valued at less than $600,000 can receive a $10,000 lump sum, or if you're buying land, the limit increases to $750,000. Learn more about the requirements for the First Home Buyers Assistance Scheme.
- Transfer Duty (Stamp Duty) exemption. First home buyers in New South Wales can receive an exemption or concession on transfer duty (previously known as stamp duty). Homes valued at less than $650,000 qualify for a complete exemption and properties valued between $650,000 and $800,000 qualify for a reduced fee. You may also be exempt from paying transfer duty on your land, providing the vacant land valued is valued less than $350,000
- $25K HomeBuilder Grant. In June 2020, Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced a $25,000 HomeBuilder Grant to boost the construction and home building industries during the COVID-19 pandemic. See if you’re eligible here
Don't miss out on your opportunity to secure these Government Grants before they end. we have over 60 HomeBuilder grant-ready house and land packages for under $750,000. Explore these packages here.
#3. House and land packages often provide more value for money than a custom build or pre-existing house
Hiring a real estate agent, an architect, and a team of builders can end up being quite expensive. These services often do not include additional costs associated with development approvals, building certification, and more.
In an interview with realestate.com.au, Director of Linden Wise Real Estate in Sydney, Adam Jian, confirmed a house and land package can often provide more value for money, especially for first time homeowners.
“A house and land package generally provides better value than an existing house in the same area, as it will likely cost less than a custom build and you are buying a brand new home with modern fittings and fixtures,” Adam said.
Recent data has also shown a house and land package can cost up to 14% less than a pre-existing house!
By choosing a house and land package with Montgomery Homes, you’re choosing an all-in-one building experience with internal builders, designers, planners and draftspeople and more than 30 years experience building beautiful homes.
Talk to our team of professionals about buying a house and land package
At Montgomery Homes, we’re committed to making the home building process simple, convenient, and best of all, exciting!
Our experienced team will walk you through the house and land package process from start to finish. Just browse through our extensive range of house and land packages available in Sydney, Newcastle and the Central Coast, or if you can't find the perfect package, get in touch about one of our 160 architectural home designs.
Explore our other blog posts
- All Articles
- Building Process
- Finance Tips
- Home Designs
- Inspiration Gallery Blog
- News & Events
- Selections Gallery
- Selections Gallery Blog
- Shaynna Blaze
- Styling & Inspiration
- Sustainable Living